1. Children with Autism Never Make Eye Contact
2. Inside an Autistic Child is a Genius
3. Autistic Children Do Not Talk
4. Autistic Children Do Not Talk
5. Children with Autism Can’t Show Affection
6. Autism can be Outgrown
7. Children with Autism cannot Learn
8. Autism is Rare
9. Asperger Syndrome is Caused by Poor Parenting
10. People with Asperger Syndrome Lack Imagination
11. Autistic People are all Alike
12. Autistic People Don’t Build Relationships
13. Autistic People are a Danger to Society
1 in 150 individuals has a Autism spectrum
Disorder Autism is a form of autistic spectrum disorder or ASD. Other forms of ASD include Asperger syndrome, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder and Pervasive Developmental Disorder.
80% of all individuals with Autism learn to talk.
Each person with autism is a unique individual with special talents and gifts.
Children and adults with autistic spectrum disorders have difficulties with everyday social interaction.
People with Autism are often keen to make friends but due to their disability find this difficult. Their ability to develop friendships is generally limited as is their capacity to understand other people emotional expression.
Autism is a lifelong developmental disability with NO cure.
Some people with autistic spectrum disorders have accompanying learning disabilities but everyone with the condition shares a difficulty in making sense of the world
People with Autism who have an extraordinary talent are referred to as ‘Autistic Savants’. only about 0.06% of Autistic people are ‘Autistic Savants’.